The Basics of Treatment-Resistant Depression
In this audio interview I discuss with Dr. Prakash Masand key concepts about treatment-resistant depression.
- Definitions of treatment-resistant depression.
- The concept of pseudoresistance in treatment-resistant depression: some considerations to keep in mind before labeling a patient as “treatment-resistant”.
- The Sequenced Treatment Alternatives to Relieve Depression (STAR*D) study:
- Its strenghts and weaknesses
- Its implications for clinical practice
- When to switch or augment antidepressants.
- Evidence base for augmentation strategies: second generation antipsychotics, lithium, T3, lisdexamfetamine, modafinil, methylphenidate, folate and CBT.
- How long should augmentation therapy be continued in MDD after remission.
- When to use MAOIs.
Earn CME/SA credits
- Up to 36 CME credits/year
- Up to 16 SA credits/year
- Download more than 70 videos
- Exclusive updates
Free Course: “SSRIs: The Essentials”
Learn the essentials of SSRIs with our free online course.
One module per week:
- The Mechanism of Action of SSRIs
- Citalopram and Escitalopram
2018 Psychopharmacology Online Update
Earn Up to 36 CME Credits / Year
- Access exclusive updates: new videos every month
- Download our entire library: more than 70 videos
- Earn up to 36 CME credits /year