Side Effects of Antidepressants: Interview with Dr. Rajnish Mago
In this expert interview we discuss side effects of antidepressants. Our guest today is Dr. Rajnish Mago.
Dr. Mago currently serves as Director of the Mood Disorders Program at the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the Jefferson Medical College.
To see Dr. Mago’s disclosure click here
General Overview of Side Effects
- Why side effects are “the other side of psychopharmacology”
- The importance of side effects in treatment adherence
- How to discuss side effects with our patients
- Why some patients are more sensitive to side effects than others
Download the full interview and earn CME credits
Premium members can download the complete interview, including the following topics:
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Movement disorders
- Antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction (tutorial here):
- Three antidepressants that cause less side effects: bupropion, mirtazapine and moclobemide.
- “Wait and watch” option
- Drug holidays
Free Course: “SSRIs: The Essentials”
Learn the essentials of SSRIs with our free online course.
One module per week:
- The Mechanism of Action of SSRIs
- Citalopram and Escitalopram
Advanced 2017-2018 Psychopharmacology Online Update
Earn Up to 30 CME Credits / Year
- Access exclusive updates: new videos every month
- Download our entire library: more than 70 videos
- Earn up to 30 CME credits /year